Summer Law Intern Program
If you are interested in hosting an intern or participating as an intern in 2017, please contact email@example.com or 214-220-7450.
2017 Summer Law Intern Program
♦A Summer Internship Program only for Dallas ISD Juniors ♦
Cobb Martinez Woodward
Cowles & Thompson
Cox Bower, LLP
Espinar Law, PLLC
GUERRERO LAW OFFICES
Hameline / Eccleston LLP
Haynes and Boone, LLP
Locke Lord LLP
Law Office of Lauren C. Medel, PLLC
Law Office of Alisa Richman
Patterson + Sheridan LLP
Saputo Law Firm, PLLC
Strasburger & Price, LLP
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Zaby & Associates
As of March 24, 2017
Schools with Scheduled Interviews:
W.H. Adamson High School
Irma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School
Hillcrest High School
Booker T. Washington School for the Performing and Visual Arts
Garza Early College at Mountain View College
TAG at Townview
Dr. Wright L. Lassiter Jr. Early College High School at El Centro College
JBS Law Magnet at Townview
W.T. White High School
Thomas Jefferson High School
The Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP), a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Independent School District, places high school students with law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Dallas-area for up to eight weeks during the months of June-August.
Make an investment in Dallas County and hire a DBA Summer Intern! Hiring a student intern provides the training and mentoring needed to close the workforce skills gap and bridge the opportunity divide.
Why Participate in the Summer Law Intern Program ?
- Create a valuable learning experience for Dallas ISD Students
- Gain summer help in your department
- Increase the number of entry level professional career opportunities
- Provide career exposure to future employees
Teachers are asked to encourage junior students who are academically qualified to apply for a Summer Law Internship. Interns are placed in law firms, government agencies and corporate legal departments for 4-8 weeks in the summer and are compensated for their internships. The Dallas Bar holds a program on office etiquette, as well as educational events which may include a tour of UNT and SMU Law Schools. Click here for the application. Click here for more information.
Why Students should participate in the Summer Law Intern Program?
- Creates work-related learning experience and skill development for Dallas ISD students
- Provides a better understanding of a professional workplace
- Encourages personal developmental growth and increased academic achievement
- Students acquire career awareness in order to set academic and career-related goals
- Encourages relationship building and networking
Dallas ISD students (current juniors only) will want to pick-up an application from their High School Counselor's office in Jan-March and complete near the deadline (usually just after Spring Break).