Summer Law Intern Program
♦A Summer Internship Program only for Dallas ISD Juniors ♦
The Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP), a joint initiative of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Independent School District, places high school students with law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the Dallas-area for up to eight weeks during the months of June-August.
Teachers are asked to encourage junior students who are academically qualified to apply for a Summer Law Internship. Interns are placed in law firms, government agencies and corporate legal departments for 4-8 weeks in the summer and are compensated for their internships. The Dallas Bar holds a program on office etiquette, as well as educational events which may include a tour of UNT and SMU Law Schools
Why Participate in the Summer Law Intern Program?
- Creates work-related learning experience and skill development for Dallas ISD students
- Provides a better understanding of a professional workplace
- Encourages personal developmental growth and increased academic achievement
- Students acquire career awareness in order to set academic and career-related goals
- Encourages relationship building and networking
Make an investment in Dallas County and hire a DBA Summer Intern! Hiring a student intern provides the training and mentoring needed to close the workforce skills gap and bridge the opportunity divide.
Why Participate in the Summer Law Intern Program ?
- Create a valuable learning experience for Dallas ISD Students
- Gain summer help in your department
- Increase the number of entry level professional career opportunities
- Provide career exposure to future employees
Dallas ISD students (current juniors only) will want to pick-up an application from their High School Counselor's office in Jan-March and complete near the deadline (usually just after Spring Break).